logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo

Target Visa Consultants has been helping Indian students study in Canada since 1996. With knowledge and access to a large selection of leading universities and vocational institutions across Canada, you are one step ahead in securing an opportunity.


Australian Flag



Land Area

9.9m km2

Capital City


Largest city


Official language(s)




Canadian Dollar (CAD)

Date format


Drive on the


Calling Code


Canadian Visas

Student visa process for Canada

Contact us or come into our office to discover your options regarding your study destination, courses availablity and recommended institutions.

Register with us to start the admission and visa process. We can help you navigate through the various processes and make studying overseas easier.

Once you have decided what, and where you want to study, we will help you complete the admission application. We keep in contact with the institution(s) on your behalf, and we will send you notifications as your application progresses.

At the time of application you will be required to submit several documents including:

  • proof of previous academic qualifications, and
  • proof of your English language ability in most cases.

We will provide you with a document checklist when it is time to apply for your visa (step 5).

Genuine Temporary Entrant (GTE) requirement for student visas

You will also need to complete the Genuine Temporary Entrant (GTE) requirement which is an integrity measure to ensure the student visa program is used as intended, not as a way for international students to maintain ongoing residency in Australia.

When applying for a student visa, your intention needs to be to complete a course of study then return to use the skills you've learned in your home country.

To accept your offer from an education provider, you must pay the tuition fee. Most Australian institutions require you to pay the first semester fee only. You can choose to pay this fee through either Telegraphic Transfer (TT) or Direct Debit (DD). Our value added services department can help you arrange this.

Once the institution have received and processed your tuition fee payment, they will issue you with an Electronic Confirmation of Enrolment (ECoE). Once we have received this, we will notify you that it is now time to come back into your closest branch with your required documents and start the visa application process.

To lodge your visa application you will need to provide the documents outlined in the checklist we provided you in step 3.

Just like your admission application, we will keep you updated as to the progress of your application, keeping in contact with the visa office on your behalf.

Students need to undergo health examinations as part of the visa application process. The health assessment process can take several weeks to complete. To help avoid delays, you can choose to undertake your health examination before lodging your visa application. More information is available at My health declarations.

A list of the approved panel doctors can be found at homeaffairs.gov.au/about/contact/offices-locations/india

We will notify you as soon as we know the outcome of your visa application so you can come in and collect your grant letter. In most cases this is a positive response and it means you can also start planning your travel and accommodation!

Target Visa Consultants can help organise your travel arrangements so you can begin your new student life. Air ticketing, insurance and foreign exchange can all be arranged through us to make studying overseas easier!

Visitor visa for Canada

We can help you apply for a visitor visa. Parents or dependants wishing to visit a student studying in Canada should apply for a visitor visa.


Work rights during studies in Canada

Working while studying in Canada is one of the major advantages of choosing Canada as your study destination. You may be eligible to work in Canada while studying, if your study permit includes a condition that says you can work on or off campus. You must also meet all the other requirements. You can only start working in Canada when you start your study program. But there are a few things you should know before you can begin earning i.e. you can’t work before your studies begins

Post-study work rights in Canada

For the latest information about Canadian post-study work rights in Canada, visit https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/work.html




You may be able to bring your spouse or common-law partner, and dependent children, with you to Canada. They may be eligible for a temporary residence visa, study or work permit, or a visitor visa. For more updates visit: https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1482&top=15


From Canada Study Permit to Canadian Permanent Resident status. International students studying in Canada may apply for Canadian permanent resident status while studying in Canada or after completing their studies, provided they meet the requirements of the Canadian immigration program under which they apply.


Start your studies in Canada today!

Register now and we'll take care of everything to make studying in Canada easier.